That's what they say, anyway. And I sort of agree with that. When running, you want to be as comfortable as possible. But I've turned into such a girlie-girl, I kind of can't help that I also want to look cute when I run.
Lately I feel I've been hitting the running clothes jackpot. Or, I've just been thoroughly enjoying living a block away from the Nike outlet store. Either way you slice it, I've scored some pretty cute and comfortable clothing lately.
Just to put it into perspective, during the past month and a half I have purchased a new sports bra, 2 dri-fit tanks, 2 running skirts, 1 pair of running shorts, 1 dri-fit short sleeve shirt, 1 half-zip sport jacket, and my new fave item -- my capri-length running tights. And let's not forget the new shoes. I'm spoiled rotten, and I love it.
I find it rather funny that when people say "let's go shopping" I suggest we first visit the Nike outlet store. And once we've perused said store I don't feel like going to any other store. I want to go to the gym to try out the new gear. I haven't purchased "real" clothing for myself since....I can't remember. Who cares if I look like a fashion train-wreck 22 out of the 24 hours in the day? As long as I look and feel like a running fashionista for those two hours of workout time, I'm good to go.
I have to say that I'm most impressed with my running tights. Who knew that spandex-like clothing could be so comfy? And flattering?!?! Maybe I only think they're flattering because that's what real runners wear, and damn it! I'm a real runner! So they must be falttering on me, right?! Right? Right. That's what I thought.
I love it. I have so missed your blogs, keep them coming! And, I love your new shoes! They are super cute! I got a new pair about a month ago and I always want pink, but I got teal, still very cute, but not pink!
ReplyDeleteI'm totally the same way. THe first place I go when shopping these days is the sporting good store and straight to the Under Armour section. It's probably good I don't have a Nike outlet around here.
ReplyDeleteYou are hilarious... I'm always going to Sports Authority and looking at the Under Armour and Nike stuff. And then I go back a few days later because I can't stop thinking about the new thing that I saw and I have to buy it! And I love that you now have tights!!
ReplyDeleteOh, hey... it turns out that I'm going to be in Park City the Saturday that you finish the Wasatch Back... where does it finish?! I might have to come and cheer for you!
So jealous you live 1.5 blocks from a Nike Outlet! I tend to wear T-shirts and shorts. I guess because I'm cheap. Or don't have enough of a disposable income. I'm about to make an investment in a long sleeve Under Armour though, and I'm probably WAY too excited about it :)
ReplyDelete