Monday, April 12, 2010

I don't think I can look at that photo anymore

Therefore, I'm writing a new post. To spare my eyes and yours as well. Every time I clicked on my blog....I had to witness that awful photo (why did I put it there?). I kept thinking to myself, "Self. You NEED to post something ASAP. Your readers will soon desert you."

First, I'm happy to announce that I hit every single one of my workouts last week. One hundred frickin' percent, baby! That's the first time I've done that in...oh....I CAN'T REMEMBER! Let me tell you something: My body misses running 25+ miles per week. It really does. It gets through the first 20 miles, and then it says to me, "This feels good. Let's keep going. You and me, we've got this in the bag."

My 11-mile long run on Saturday was perfect. It's crazy because last Saturday's 10-mile long run was great, too. I usually don't have back-to-back great long runs. But this 11-miler, *sigh* It sure as hell didn't feel like 11 miles. It felt like 3. Like I said before, my body wanted to keep going. I don't want to jinx myself, but I really feel like I'm in the groove right now. (knock on wood) I'm going to keep running with it, too. See how far this grrove can last. I'm not delusional. I know this euphoric feeling can't last forever. It never does. I will have a bad run one of these days, but at least when I do, I'll have this time to look back on and gather strength from.

So, someone mentioned in one of my last posts about running the three marathons I have picked out, that it would qualify me for Maniac status. I think, Jesse mentioned it, but correct me if I'm wrong. And it got me thinking, "Really?! I need to check this out...." So I wandered on over to the Marathon Maniac website, and what did I find there, you may ask? I found that I would indeed be a Marathon Maniac. What?!?! Hell yes!


On the off chance that I don't get selected in the St. George Marathon lottery, I'll need to find another marathon to run either at the beginning of October or end of November. So I did some digging and found the Mesquite Marathon on November 20th. By running that one and the Las Vegas Marathon (only 15 days apart) I'll still be eligible for Maniac status. Hooray!

I seriously CAN'T WAIT to start training for these marathons!

8 comments:

  1. thank you for posting something instead of that guy who is sharting himself. :)

    MM is a COOL group. Joining would be very awesome! (in my 7 marathons, I still haven't earned status)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Marathon Maniac sounds so hardcore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I get brownie points for mentioning MM too?! Haha because I did. Chic Runner has posted about this a lot...not sure if you read her blog:

    http://chicrunner.com

    You guys are both funny writers and girly so you'd probably love it! Anyway, very cool that you're trying for that status. It's basically the ultimate bragging right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's wrong with the dude who shat himself? Oh yeah, aside from being really, totally and utterly disgusting??

    Mesquite is a stone's throw away from Las Vegas. And for 55 bucks, you can't beat that price!

    I've stayed in Mesquite many times as we usually take a yearly trip with my wife's fam and that's about the halfway point. We found a really good Mexican food place there last time.

    Anyway, either St. George or Mesquite sounds good so you've got a great Plan A and Plan B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so bummed that I won't be able to do that race in Mesquite like we had "planned". Dang baby that's ruining my life! Ha - not really. Good luck with all of the training!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to have to visit that sight. Sounds like a status that I just NEED.

    I am really enjoying your blog! Glad I found ya:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! And I thought one was a challenge - smiles! And, oh, that photo was crazy!

    Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome is that? A marathon maniac. WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete