First of all, thanks to everyone for being so supportive and helpful with my decision to get a tattoo. I still have no serious plans to get one right away, but it is in the back of my mind, and I'll be sure to keep y'all posted when I do make that choice.
Now on to running. This is a running blog, right? :)
Let's first get to last week's training schedule:
Monday: yoga and cross <----Check!
Tuesday: 5 mile run <----Check!
Wednesday: 7 mile run <----Check!
Thursday: 4 mile run <----Ummmm....nope.
Friday: stretch and strength <----Check!
Saturday: 10 mile run <----CHECK!
Sunday: rest <----Does this count as a check?
So, not perfect, but 86% isn't bad, right? In school terms, that would be like a B. And if we go by how well I applied myself in school, well, then I'm right on track. haha. My 10-mile long run on Saturday was perfect. The weather was perfect, the run was perfect. I haven't had a long run like that in a while. It was one of those runs that again solidified my love of running. I just kept on running, letting my thoughts wander away to anything and everything, and before I knew it my 10 miles was up. I could've kept going! I was enjoying my time and my thoughts. I love how running provides that escape for me. You know, the times when I need to be just completely by myself, with only me in mind. When I'm out there on the asphalt it's just me. Not School Christy, not Work Christy, not Wife Christy, not Friend Christy, just Christy. Just me. Runs like that make me feel so motivated, so powerful, so capable of doing whatever I want. Maybe it's a bit selfish, but I think we all need that kind of escape in life, whether it comes from running or not.
So I was looking at my calendar and realized that my second bout of marathon training starts next month. Wait....what!? Yeah, that's exactly what I said. But it's true. May 15th. It will begin again.
I may be a little ambitious, but I have high hopes of not only running one marathon at the end of the year, but three. Yes, my friends. Three. First on the list: the Top of Utah Marathon on September 18th. I'm fairly familiar with this course, and it's always been a goal of mine to run this marathon. It's located near Utah State University, where I attended college. If you remember, last year I ran the Top of Utah Half Marathon, and the full marathon course is basically the same. It starts about 7 miles further up the canyon, and ends about 6 or so miles past the half marathon finish line in the city of Logan, Utah. I'm hoping for a PR.
Next up is the St. George Marathon on October 2nd. This is contingent upon me getting selected in the lottery. Which, speaking of the lottery, is open right now and ends on May 1st. So if any of you are thinking about running the St. George Marathon, you'd better head on over to their site and enter. Hold that thought. Maybe you shouldn't enter. More chance for me to win the lottery.... Anyway, I really, really, really want to run this marathon. I love this area of southern Utah. Red rock, rolling hills, and the course touts a -2500 foot elevation change. Can we say (all together now!) PR?!?! If I don't get selected in the lottery, then no big deal. I'll just find another random marathon to run in October or November. Maybe the Mesquite Marathon? I'm really shooting for 4 marathons in one year (including Disney). Is that too ambitious? Probably. But for right now, I'm going to go with it.
Then, to finish off the year just right, I'll be heading south to Sin City where I plan on running the Rock n Roll Las Vegas Marathon on December 5th. First of all, I love Vegas. LOVE IT. Secondly, I've been wanting to give the Rock n Roll race series a try, and I figure there's no better race to try than the Las Vegas one. I'll have to celebrate with a little roulette action on the Strip. :D
And finally, this week's training schedule:
Monday: yoga
Tuesday: 5 mile run
Wednesday: 7 mile run
Thursday: 4 mile run and cross train
Friday: stretch and strength
Saturday: 11 mile long run
Sunday: Rest
All I can say is, "You go, girl!!!'
ReplyDeleteI'm the same as you. San Diego June 6, Seattle June 26, Denver Oct. 17, and VEGAS Dec. 5! Whoooot! Vegas rules!!!
If you're crazy, I'm crazy. And I'm totally fine with that.
Sounds like you'll do great with those races! I totally relate to how running makes you feel :)
ReplyDeleteThat sounds awesome and totally doable for you. I'm hoping to run St. George at some point in the future but probably not in 2010. I mean, I wouldn't want to ruin it for you and apply and everything, and cost you a shot at running it.
ReplyDeleteOh man, oh man! Wow. Somehow I missed that you were even planning on doing another full this year until this post.
ReplyDeleteIf you do all 3 that will make you a Marathon Maniac right? Very cool.
Ambitious marathon schedule! Impressive.
ReplyDeleteI love that you are going for so much! I've lost all of my motivation to run. I'm waiting to hear what the doctor says about my running on Wednesday... but since my last race I haven't run at all. I've completely lost all desire to run. It sucks.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds amazing! Are you going for Maniac Status or they all just happen to fall really close together?? I am really thinking about doing Vegas!!!
ReplyDeleteTHREE? WOW - you are awesome :)
ReplyDeleteYou're on a roll! Can't wait to read all about it.
ReplyDeleteTHREE!!?? That is so awesome.
ReplyDeleteI really hope you get into St George. A bunch of people from my running group try to get in from PHX. They say it is a super fast, but super punishing course!
I think those three marathons will work out great for you. They're spaced out far enough that you can recover between, but not so far apart that you have to re-train in between them. And I'm pretty sure that timeline will get you Marathon Maniac status.
ReplyDelete