At the end of September I'm heading some place I've never been. Some place I've always wanted to go, but never have. See, I have this new philosophy about running. I can use running as an excuse to go places I've never been. I can run through cities and mountains and beaches and farmland. I know this isn't a new concept, and that many runners now and before me have used their sport as an excuse to see the country, or the world. Now it's my excuse.
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm heading to Washington D.C. to run the Ragnar Relay D.C. This 197 mile relay starts in Cumberland, Maryland and ends in our nation's capitol. I'm pretty much jumping out of my seat excited for this relay! What better way to see 200 miles of scenic country than to run through it?
It looks like I'll be Runner #5 on Team 141, Speed Sold Separately! Take a look at my legs:
LEG 5: 3.9 miles - Very Hard
I'm most excited about this one. How about a 7% grade climb for over a mile and a half? Yes, please. Sign me up.LEG 17: 4.4 miles - Easy

LEG 29: 7.4 Miles - Moderate

So, yeah. I can't wait!
YAY! I can't wait either.
ReplyDeleteHave fun. DC is great!
ReplyDeleteRelays sound fun. Looks like you'll get some variety! Have a great time.
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm jealous of your running!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!! That'll be a great relay! I did Vegas last year and our team is reuniting for it again this October, I as well can hardly contain my excitement!
ReplyDeleteVery cool! Sounds like fun and DC will be awesome!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! I'm doing my first marathon in DC. Good luck with the Ragnar!
ReplyDeleteWinks & Smiles,
Wifey