Did anyone catch this past episode of The Biggest Loser? If you didn't, let me recap shortly: They ran a marathon.
Let me say this again: They ran a marathon.
If I ever thought that I couldn't run a marathon, I don't now. It was pretty inspiring to see these previously fat contestants carry their bodies 26.2 miles. And they only had 26 days notice before the big race to get trained and ready for it.
And Tara. TARA! She ran it in 4:55:something. I know that doesn't seem like a great time, but seriously, folks. My goal for my first marathon is 5 hours. And she ran it under 5 hours. Without training.
Inspiring. And now I know more than ever that I can and WILL run a marathon.
I've HEARD about this episode. A LOT. But never seen it. I'm probably going to fall into the "glass is half empty/ pessimist camp" on this one which is SO not me, and say I don't agree with putting contestants through this without real training.
ReplyDeleteTara obviously kicked ass. But WHY a marathon and not a half marathon? Oh b/c NBC is trying to make good television....whomp.whomp.
But yes, if previously obese people can run a marathon in under 5 hours, what is my excuse?
ReplyDelete