That title sounds a bit like a slogan for an anti-drug agency, huh?
I successfully finished Day Two of this week's workouts which consisted of 8 X 400m speed intervals. I even got really ambitious and did strength training, too. High five! The intervals were just what I expected intervals to be. Brutal. I upped my pace during the intervals and shortened the walking distance between each set. So basically I ran really, really, super fast for 400 meters, then walked for 200 meters. Here are my splits:
Negative splits, baby! And just so you all know, I almost puked about half way through that last interval. I. Was. Running. And I didn't think I'd make it. Got a little lightheaded, but thankfully I made it. Albeit I was panting when I finished. Whatevs. It was painful, but it feels good to go fast. In the words of Ricky Bobby, "I wanna go fast!"
Now, enough of my amazing ability to run fast. I have a race next weekend. Starting next Friday I will be running three races in 24 hours in Jacksonville. It's called Tour de Pain. Race directors were clever on that one, weren't they? The first race is Friday night at 7:30 p.m. and it's a 4 mile run on the beach. Then Saturday morning I run a 5K at 7:30 a.m., then a few hours later I run a "Mile Sizzler" at 5:00 p.m.
It most definitely will beat the sh*t out of me. Temps are guaranteed to be above 80 for all three races. Let's not even talk about the humidity. The mile run, although only a mile, will probably kill me. It. Will. Be. Hot. And I have a goal to run it under 8:30. For the love of all that is holy I can't quite figure out why I want to run this race. I despise Florida heat. I despise walking in Florida summer heat. What on earth would make me want to run in Florida heat, in the middle of the summer, in the middle of the day, just when the temps are at their peak?! I know not. But I'm doing it anyway.
I successfully finished Day Two of this week's workouts which consisted of 8 X 400m speed intervals. I even got really ambitious and did strength training, too. High five! The intervals were just what I expected intervals to be. Brutal. I upped my pace during the intervals and shortened the walking distance between each set. So basically I ran really, really, super fast for 400 meters, then walked for 200 meters. Here are my splits:
2:02
2:01
1:58
1:56
1:52
1:52
1:48
1:44
Negative splits, baby! And just so you all know, I almost puked about half way through that last interval. I. Was. Running. And I didn't think I'd make it. Got a little lightheaded, but thankfully I made it. Albeit I was panting when I finished. Whatevs. It was painful, but it feels good to go fast. In the words of Ricky Bobby, "I wanna go fast!"
Now, enough of my amazing ability to run fast. I have a race next weekend. Starting next Friday I will be running three races in 24 hours in Jacksonville. It's called Tour de Pain. Race directors were clever on that one, weren't they? The first race is Friday night at 7:30 p.m. and it's a 4 mile run on the beach. Then Saturday morning I run a 5K at 7:30 a.m., then a few hours later I run a "Mile Sizzler" at 5:00 p.m.
It most definitely will beat the sh*t out of me. Temps are guaranteed to be above 80 for all three races. Let's not even talk about the humidity. The mile run, although only a mile, will probably kill me. It. Will. Be. Hot. And I have a goal to run it under 8:30. For the love of all that is holy I can't quite figure out why I want to run this race. I despise Florida heat. I despise walking in Florida summer heat. What on earth would make me want to run in Florida heat, in the middle of the summer, in the middle of the day, just when the temps are at their peak?! I know not. But I'm doing it anyway.
You are incredible. I'm never going to be fast because I don't have the motivation to push myself. I did a strength session on Tueday, and I'm still recovering. My glutes and hamstrings are super sore. I should probably go run to loosen then up, but why would I want to do that when its over 90ยบ?
ReplyDeleteThat race series is the kind of thing I would sign up for in a HEARTBEAT.
ReplyDeleteNone of the distances are all that long. But to get a good time on each would be a push. And it's slightly insane given the conditions. Too meeee that = FUN.
Oh and glad I'm not the only one who quotes Ricky Bobby when preparing myself to push it in terms of pace ;)