Friday, March 12, 2010

Carbo-loading

Guess who'll be at my house in T minus 1 hour?! That's right. The one and only Morgan! YAY!! She's hanging at my place tonight and in the morning we'll be heading up early to J-ville for a little 15K action.

I'm such a nerd, though. I guess I miss having my husband here because earlier this week I wrote her an email asking what she liked to eat for dinner the night before a race. I'm totally going all "domestic wife" on her and cooking a delicious pasta meal. And don't worry. It'll be ready and on the table when she gets here! And yes, I will have an apron on. Wow. Total nerd.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll all be so anxious to hear about my 15K PR *crosses fingers* but you'll have to wait an entire week for that race report. As soon as I get back from the race I need to head on over to the airport and catch my flight to Miami for my cruise. SO EXCITED!!!!

(And thank you all for your encouraging words. It means a lot. Update: I'm feeling much better about things, and although I still miss the hubs terribly, life is good.)

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy playing house with Morgan! You guys totally need each other with your guys both hundreds of miles away. Good luck at your race! You are totally going to get a PR!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, aren't you little miss domesticated (although I shouldn't be talking since I frequently have an apron on when my wife gets home from work). Have fun with Morgan. I assume your husband is going with you on the cruise?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear an apron too. Actually just going to throw it on now, getting ready to make some dinner. Yum.

    Enjoy having the Redhead over. Sounds like a great time for you both. And good luck on your 15K!! I smell a PR!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Morgan will love it! Have fun at the race and super fun on the cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, have fun with Morgan, and have a great cruise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Good luck and have a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the race went well, and the cruise goes even better! I've been to St. Thomas- you'll LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete