Friday, March 13, 2009

Gearing up

I'm running the 15K tomorrow. I'm sooo nervous!

I've cut back on my running this week in preparation for the big run tomorrow. I ran 8 miles Monday, cross-trained on Tuesday, then ran 3.5 miles on Wednesday. Yesterday and today I haven't done any running, but I do plan on doing yoga tonight.

Yoga is my new pre-race day routine. It does an excellent job stretching out my body. I don't know about anyone else, but when I run I tend to get really tight calves. Yoga is the perfect remedy.

I'll be sure to have a mile-by-mile race report tomorrow night. Get ready for all the gory details.

And by the way, the Gate River Run 15K is the USA 15K championship. I had no idea. Over 15,000 people have already signed up. I've never been in a race this large. Is it going to take FOREVER to even get to the starting line? I worry about that.

2 comments:

  1. You're going to do great! 15,000, wow, that's a lot of people. The good thing is the momemtum of the crowd will carry you all the way through. The start will take awhile, but try to find the right pace group and pray other people line up in the right spot too.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I would love to do a 15k that is that big. I LOVE big races!

    ReplyDelete