Tuesday, January 19, 2010

FAIL

I'm finally back into the swing of running again. My little after-marathon break from running was quite nice, but I've realized just how much going more than a few days without running makes me antsy.

I went for a short 4-miler with the dog yesterday around the neighborhood trails. I must've been distracted by Marley* (my dog) because about 2 or 3 minutes into my run I realized I forgot to start my watch. FAIL. Most of the time I really enjoy running with Marley, but he was super preoccupied yesterday and all he wanted to do was sniff the ground, then sniff the grass, then yank me to the side, then not watch where he's going and run into me, then pull me in the direction of a squirrel, then pee, then sniff another dog's butt....yeesh! Can a girl catch a break?! I felt I used more muscles just trying to keep him next to me than I did trying to run.


About 10 minutes into the run Marley decided he need to go pee, and I tell you, it was the longest pee I've ever seen! I stopped my watch while I waited for Niagra Falls to stop...once he finished his business we were back to running again. Not more than 5 minutes later I look at my watch and realized I had forgotten to start it again after the pee break. FAIL #2.

So I start it again, thinking I'll just have to estimate my time when I get home. About 15 minutes later Marley decides he needs to not only take another pee break, but also take a massive sh!t. And when I say massive, I freaking mean it. During this colossal poop I look down at my watch and realize I forgot to stop it while he did his thing. FAIL #3. Eff my life!

At this point, estimating my time was futile. Screw it. I cleaned his mess, promptly found a garbage can and threw it away, then went on my way. As I was finishing up the run I thought to myself this could make a good post, but then I realized maybe y'all will think I never let my dog outside to go to the bathroom, and turn me in for animal abuse. I swear to you, I let him outside not 15 minutes before our run! Just sayin'!

One more thing worth mentioning: Oh, how easily I've forgotten the unrelentless Florida humidity and heat! It was 64 degrees during my run, humid as hell, and I thought I was going to die! I've been spoiled with this semi-cold weather we've been having, that I've quickly put it out of my mind how much I hate running in Florida humidity. Don't worry, Mother Nature made sure I didn't forget. Bitch.I suppose it's back to tank top and shorts...

Already dreading the summer... *shudders*

For your entertainment, and because I just can't stop gloating/thinking about my marathon, they've finally posted the official race pictures. Take a look.

Totally love how my celebration arms look like I'm about to knock out the lady behind me.


Hard. Core. With a giant sorcerer's hat in the bg


smiles!


*Yes, I am fully aware that "Marley" is the trendiest name for a dog right now ("Hansel...he's so hot right now."). In my defense, I did not name my dog. My husband didn't name him, either. We rescued him when he was 9 months old, and decided it was just too cruel to change his name. Poor guy might have identity issues....although given the chance, I'd name him Chuck. Short for Chuck Norris.

19 comments:

  1. I hate it when I keep goofing up my watch on a run. Better run next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! I overdressed this morning for my run, but I vow to not ever complain about our FL heat & humidity again, after hell froze over at Disney!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marley! Guess he helped you to ease back into post-marathon running instead of going crazy and hurting yourself. Bright side???

    Congrats again on the Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures. Love the hat in the background.

    Your dog looks like my dog, but mine is probably smaller. I'm taking this post as a sign to never take my dog on a run :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok first I'm totally cracking up at you FAIL story and more importantly you take the best damn race pics ever! For real girl! Jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I have to guesstimate my actual running time for watch issues. Great marathon pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol. That is TOO funny.

    You HAVE to tell me your secret with good race photos. I always look like crap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you manage to look so serene while running!!! You look great!
    Funny about the dog. We adopted our first dog at about 10 months and tried quite unsuccessfully to change his name. It only took one day to realize "Trevor" was not going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great running pictures!

    Chuck, short for Chuck Norris - LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chuck is the best name ever for a dog. And no matter how many times you let your dog pee on a run, he/she will always need to go just one more time...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most of my Disney marathon pics look like I'm either pissed off or in pain! :-D

    I have tried taking my dog running. She yanks my arm out of the socket, and then tires out after about 1/2 mile. Then again, she *will* be 10 this year. :-D

    I might be doing the Gate River Run, too. I have a friend coming into town sometime that day, so it depends on her arrival. But, would love to run that race!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chuck Norris yeah? Classic. Great race fotos too. And I HATE when I forget to screw with my watch when training..especially when i am TRYING to get some data...eff my life...hahaha, I need to borrow that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO funny because today I was walking my dog - the WORST walker ever - and wishing I could get him to run with me. Had all these great thoughts of us running along without a care in the world. So not reality, eh?
    Love the celebration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can totally relate. Tried to take my dog for a run this morning...after it had rained...we had to stop early after he tried to pull my arm out for the forty second time. Why are puddles so irresistible?

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh I love the name chuck norris!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HA! Well, at least you're out running :) I was prettt cripped for a couple weeks after my marathon. I still need to read your marathon report...I WILL get to it...hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great marathon pics! Nice bling!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete