I haven't done any running since the race on Sunday, but I plan on a quick 3 or 4 miler tonight. I don't want to set anything in stone, but I do feel the itch to get back out on the asphalt and crank out a few miles. I have no set path, no set distance, all I know is that I'll walk outside my door tonight and get my run on! My legs finally feel like they can handle a run again (wowee....Monday and Tuesday, notsomuch...hellooooo sore muscles).
Now that the marathon is over, what's next? I've decided to take the month of February off for racing. BUT. This is a big but. I will, in fact, be volunteering for my first race. I'm already signed up and ready to go. I am officially a part of the "Bridge Brigade Cheering Section" for the 26.2 with Donna, and half marathon. How cool is that?! I get to "volunteer" to be a spectator! I chose to volunteer at this particular race because the foundation behind it is near and dear to my heart. My aunt and sister have both been diagnosed with breast cancer in the past, and have both beat it. Amazing! Support breast cancer research!I just found out last week that Redhead will indeed be running the Donna half, so I think I'll return the favor of her spectating the Disney Marathon, and I'll make sure and bring bright posters, crazy ass balloons and a cowbell or two. If any of you are also running, please let me know. I'd love to cheer for you, too!
The next big race I have on my schedule is the Gate River Run 15K. This little gem of a race just happens to be the USA 15K championship, and hundreds of elite olympic athletes turn out for it every year. Can we say Deena Kastor? She's a staple of this race. If you don't run it, you should at least spectate just to see the sheer awesomeness of Olympic athletes. Over 15,000 people run the Gate, and having run it last year I can tell you that it's one of the sweetest courses I've raced on. Lots of entertainment, lots of crowd support, and a giant bridge to conquer around Mile 8. I loved this race last year and I definitely plan on beating my previous time.
One more thing, I just want to say hello to all of my new readers! I'm not sure where you're all coming from, but I love it, and I love that you are reading my blog. I promise I'll add y'all to my blog list as soon as I get a spare second to update my page. If you have any questions for me, or want to meet up at any races, or talk relays, or whatever, please feel free to email me at christylynne.lyons@gmail.com. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me all of these wonderful comments. For reals. I love it. Keep 'em comin'!
(Can you tell I still have all the warm fuzzies from the marathon?! So upbeat and cheesy today....)
I plan on basking until my NEXT marathon, are you kidding me?! :-D
ReplyDeleteI forgot all about the Gate River Run! I have a friend who runs it almost every year. It is usually right around my birthday, so maybe I'll do it this year!
i am a transplant reader from LB's Muddy Runner blog, but i just wanted to say how excited i am for you for running your marathon. i have a half scheduled in may and i *may* sign up for the chicago marathon in october. but, what do i really want?? i want that mickey mouse medal of yours!!! so that just may encourage me to run Disney 2011? that is one sweet medal. congrats to you :o)
ReplyDeletePart of me really wants to come visit you and run the Gate River Run in March. I've never run a 15K race and it's the start of my Spring Break! Awesomeness...
ReplyDelete@Beth - Come run the Gate River Run with me!! I would LOVE it!
ReplyDelete@tahoegirl - let me just say that I'm obsessed with my Mickey medal! Disney is definitely a good first marathon -- laid back, lots of fun, lots of entertainment!
Congrats on your 26.2!! I'm loving your blog. Sounds like you have some fun stuff planned in the months ahead. Can't wait for some more great posts from you.
ReplyDeleteCongrats with Disney marathon and what an awesome race report. I ran the Goofy Challenge a few years back and you made me want to go back and run it again. Maybe next year. Enjoy the glow - You deserve it. Yep, looks like you are hooked now. The next one will be easier and just as exciting. Great job!
ReplyDeleteCongrats again! Hope you enjoy volunteering at the race!
ReplyDeleteMe thinks I may have to break out my spectating cowbell for the Gate River Run! :)
ReplyDeleteSo excited to see you again so soon!
Bask in that after glow as long as you want girl! I'm going on 3 months now! LOL! :)
Oh I LOVE the gate river run... I lived in jacksonville for a little and I ran it last year.... even got my top % hat from there! Great course... but the beer/wine stops are very tempting.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
Stephanie
Wow, running the 15K champs would be SO fun. I'm super jealous!
ReplyDelete